Monday, August 24, 2009

jamaica.




My boyfriend and some friends and I went to Jamaica for a while. I loved it there so much, and somehow the jamaican accent comes out when I am down there. We went to the market and the beach. I would see random tourists everywhere and they would get ripped off, paying so much money for things and laughing at what the rasta man where saying even though they could not understand them.
We went to the country to go see my family and theirs. While I was walking barefoot in the country, I heard the roosters and smelt the ocean and it reminded me of Thoreau's section on sounds in Walden. So I sat down and wrote about what I was hearing and it was actually fun. For some reason, I am enjoying the book, Thoreau is funny at some parts. I opened the book on the airplane to the section SOLITUDE and the first words he said were ' This is a DELICIOUS evening.' I laughed out loud, AP this year should be fun. My flight yesterday was at noon and Lucien and the others at a flight twenty minutes before I did, so we went to the airport together. Montego Bay Airport in Jamaica only has one terminal so even though they were flying to New York, and I to Massachusetts,we were all together until the last minute. We had one of those cute airport moments where you say goodbye and stuff. I have Adam Levine's Sweetest Goodbye song stuck in my head, and its only the part where his voice rises as he says ' show you how I feel..feel...feel.'

No comments: