Tuesday, September 22, 2009

La Musique

My sister sat together and played Julian's new single over and over again throughout the day on Sunday. It is called '11th Dimension.' It is not as if the song is unlike something I have never heard before, it is just so different from The Strokes. When I first heard it, I thought , 80's music! But then while Sasha and I were hanging out with some friends in the kitchen, it came on shuffle again and it made me want to groove to the beat, while I cooked the dinner. His voice is beautiful and lingers on each word for the right amount of time and the music is a mixed funky/electronica sound, and it is a risk but it is ah-mazing. There are people, like my sister Malkia, who hate it and listen to 30h!3. They sing the lyrics, 'shush girl, shush your lips, do the Helen Keller and talk with your hips.' I dislike that song with a passion.

Sasha and I have bought every Strokes CD when they have come out, and when Albert did his own album we bought it also. So, as soon as Julian's is out, we are off to the store. I am going to have the lyrics stuck in my head for a while...

Drop your guard, you don't have to be smart all of the time
I got a mind full of blanks, I need to go somewhere new fast
And don't be shy, oh no, at least deliberately
No one really cares or wanders why anymore
Oh I got music, coming outta my hands and feet and kisses
That is how it once was done
All the dreamers on the run

No comments: