Saturday, August 7, 2010

Attend! non reste-ici , je t'aime

It's over and I can't stop crying. Last night when we were all outside until dawn saying goodbye I watched as people kissed and cried as some left for early flights. Then as soon as Nicolas got up to go I couldn't keep it together. As soon as they stepped out the gates , Louis and others lit up their cigarettes for the first time in three weeks and the crowd cheered. It was the first time in a long time that I allowed myself to let go of everything that I had been holding back. Those of us that remained held on to eachother silently trying to take it all in. The depressing part is that some of us won't see eachother for years. People are from Venezuela, italy , mexico, France , all over and we've lived with each other for a month. Tomorrow morning Valentine's phone will not play wavin flag to wake us up for the shower, tomorrow Come will not say a sly remark in french across the class to me, tomorrow every single one of us will be back home, alone and it makes me want to curl up in my bed and not come out. I am never this open but after meeting these people who kiss you good morning on the cheeks and speak their thoughts with no hesitation, I don't care anymore.

On the last night we all came together and the performing arts classes showed us their pieces.
Everyone sang along with the band to Hotel California, as the song ended there was a moment where we realized that this song would remind of our time here and the people we met and that we'd never forget.


Welcome to the hotel california
Such a lovely place
Such a lovely face
Plenty of room at the hotel california
Any time of year, you can find it here


Vous me manquez...Esperons que nous reverrons un jour. l'amour à tous!



-Rachelle.

No comments: