Friday, February 5, 2010

missing something.

So I am sitting here at the Y and I am watching this guy, Ryan paint and he is amazing. He paints, does chalk drawings, charcoal, you name it, he does it. So why is he here? He is a bit of a loner and was planning on college, but when the subject arises all he ever says is " it just didn't work out." What didn't just work out? I wish I knew someone who I could show his paintings to , so that someone outside of the Y could see how skilled he is. He is good around kids and he obviously wants more than this. He has a kind spirit and deserves better than this . When I see him hunched over a canvas painting the same spot over and over again, striving for perfection, I realize that this is his dream , I just wish there was some way i could help him be happy.
I could be judging and he could already be happy, he says he is fine but his eyes say something completely different.

Grey's Anatomy last night was good, better than it had been in a while. Cristina talked about her past relationship and said that he wanted her to be something she was not. The more he asked the more she gave, he took little pieces of her until she didn't realize that she had changed. When I heard her say those words and I thought of myself and how much I had changed because of him and I honestly had no idea what to think of myself.
Songs that have been with me through the week are Wish You Well - Katie Herzig and Make You Feel My Love -Adele

No comments: