Friday, February 19, 2010

Olympics are on, can't talk.



Anyone who watches me when I watch the Olympics would think I'm crazy. Yesterday I was perched on the stool, clutching an apple watching a 19 year old ice skater boy from Canada. I was mesmerized by his energy and how and the crowd was screaming for him and then he didn't land the triple axel and landed on his butt. And I shouted and fell off the stool. He obviously couldn't stop right after that, he knew it was over for him and to make it worse the crowd did a collective groan to show their agony over his mistake. It is just sad to know these people have been working a majority of their lives to get where they are and one slip or mistake can ruin it all for them.

SHAUN WHITE. His snowboarding was amazing, I had to do a fist pump for his performance. He was the last person to go for the second performance and he saw that no matter what he did he would win the gold; his excitement, his happiness in that moment, I hope I do something one day that will make me as happy as that.

No comments: